VALLEY - LOCAL RULES
1. OUT OF BOUNDS (Rule 27)
• Ball is out of bounds if it is
a. Over any boundary fence or hedge or
b. Beyond any line of white stakes
2. WATER HAZARDS (Rule 26)
• Water hazards are defined by yellow stakes.
• Lateral Water Hazards are defined by red stakes.
3. GRAVEL / STONE AREAS (Rule 24–2b)
• Gravel / Stone areas are around Tees are to be considered
as “Immovable Obstructions” from which relief
may be taken under Rule 24–2b.
4. ACCES PATHS (Rule 24-2b)
• Sand / Earth access paths to/from Tees and Greens
are to be considered as “Immovable Obstructions”
from which relief may be taken under Rule 24–2b.
6. IMOVABLE OBSTRUCTIONS (RULE 24-2)
• All roads and pathways (including adjacent drainage
• All hydrant boxes and power poles
• Stone Tee information plaques
7. STAKED TREES
• Are immovable obstructions and relief MUST be taken
in accordance with Rule 24-2
8. FIXED SPRINKLER HEADS
• All fixed sprinkler heads are immovable obstructions and
relief from interference by them may be obtained under Rule 24-2.
In addition, if such an obstruction on or within two club lengths
the putting green of the hole being played intervenes on the line
play between the ball and the hole, the player may obtain relief
without penalty, as follows:
• If the ball lies off the putting green but not in a hazard
and is within two club lengths of the intervening obstruction, it
may be lifted, cleaned and dropped at the nearest point to where
ball lay which
a. Is not nearer the hole
b. Avoids such intervention and
c. Is not in hazard or on a putting green
9. If a ball strikes the power lines crossing the
2nd, 3rd, 7th, 8th or 9th holes or strikes the supporting poles
on 3rd, 7th, 8th or
9th holes, the player MUST disregard that stroke, abandon the ball
and play another ball, without penalty as near as possible to the
spot from which original ball was played in accordance with Rule
Other local rules are displayed on the Main Notice Board in the
PENALTY FOR BREACH OF LOCAL RULE
Match Play – Loss of Hole, Stroke Play – 2 Strokes.
view the map